Here are the steps for the most popular browsers used recently:
In Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
- Click on the "gear" icon, located in the upper right hand corner of your IE window.
- From the drop-down menu select Internet Options.
- On the General tab find the section labeled “Browsing history” and click the button labeled Delete.
- In the Delete Browsing History window tick the box labeled Temporary Internet Files.
- Select the Delete button.
- Select OK.
- Now, restart Internet Explorer.
In Mozilla Firefox (PC)
- On the top toolbar, choose “Tools”, and then “Options” in the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Privacy” icon at the top, and then under the “Cache” tab click on the “Clear Cache Now” button.
In Mozilla Firefox (Mac)
- From the Tools menu, choose “Clear Recent History”.
- Then from the “Time range to clear: drop-down menu”, choose the desired range, to clear your entire cache, choose “Everything”.
- Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which items to clear.
- Click “Clear Now”.
- In Safari,
- Click on the “Settings” button, click on “Reset Safari”, then click “Empty the Cache”.
- Click on the "Settings" button, click on "Reset Safari", then click "Empty the Cache"
In Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu at the top right of the browser bar.
- Select Tools from the drop-down menu and then select Clear browsing data.
- In the dialogue box that appears, choose the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data). You can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information in the “Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu”.
- To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
- Click Clear browsing data.